The following Terms and Conditions of Use dated as of October 2013, govern use by all Users of Key Opinions in Medicine, an online service (or any successor thereto) and the electronic edition of the Products subscribed to by the User or the User's institution (the "Electronic Product(s)"). Please read the following carefully because by using Key Opinions in Medicine you are agreeing to abide by these Terms and Conditions of Use.
Your institution may have a License which permits you additional uses; contact your institution's librarian/administrator for more information.
The entire contents of the Electronic Products, and each article and abstract and other material available through Key Opinions in Medicine are protected by copyright (unless otherwise indicated on the title page of the article). As a User, you have certain rights specified below; all other rights are reserved.
- Key Opinions in Medicine - The online service (or any successor thereto) available from Wiley or its affiliates on the Worldwide Web including all products, services and features offered via the service. Certain products and services under this License may be delivered from other platforms. The terms and conditions hereof are equally applicable to those products and services.
- Licensee – The customer which has signed the License granting access to Licensed Electronic Products as applicable.
- Authorized Users - Those persons who are authorized by the Licensee to have access to Key Opinions in Medicine. Authorized Users must be current bona fide faculty members, students, researchers, staff members, librarians, executives or employees of the Licensee, or contractors engaged by the Licensee, provided such contractors have been informed of, and agree to abide by, the Terms and Conditions of Use set forth herein and they access Key Opinions in Medicine via the Licensee’s Secure Network as defined in the License signed by the Licensee as applicable. Walk-in Users from the general public or business invitees may also be permitted by the Licensee to access Key Opinions in Medicine from designated terminals with a Licensee-controlled IP address. These designated terminals shall be physically located in libraries or similar physical premises directly controlled by the Licensee.
- Intellectual Property Rights – These rights include, without limitation, patents, trademarks, trade names, design rights, copyright (including rights in computer software), database rights, rights in know-how and other intellectual property rights, in each case whether registered or unregistered, which may subsist anywhere in the world. The Authorized Users acknowledge that the Electronic Products and Key Opinions in Medicine and the Intellectual Property Rights contained therein are protected by law. All rights not specifically licensed to the Licensee are expressly reserve by Wiley.
- Electronic Products - All products, services and content available in Key Opinions in Medicine shall be deemed included within the definition of Electronic Products.
- Licensed Electronic Products – The electronic (online) editions of Wiley journals and other publication and the content therein, including but not limited to major reference works, Current Protocols laboratory manuals and databases which the Licensee has licensed hereunder.
- Open Access License(s) – Some products, services and content available in Wiley Online Library may be made available on an open access basis. Such licenses make content openly accessible to all users not just Authorized Users or Licensees, subject to the terms set out in the relevant open access or creative commons license. In the event of any conflict between these Terms and Conditions and the applicable Open Access License, the latter shall apply with respect to that product, service or content.
Rules of Use
- To make Key Opinions in Medicine and the Electronic Product useful, the following rules apply:
- Authorized Users, including Walk-in Users, will have access to all Content websites within Key Opinions in Medicine. Authorized Users may browse all Tables of Content and for all Electronic Products on Key Opinions in Medicine regardless of what Licensed Electronic Products the institution subscribes to and search the entire database of Tables of Content and abstracts. For most publications, Authorized Users may browse the abstracts as well.
- Authorized Users at institutions which have subscribed to Electronic Products and Authorized Users who have access under a Society or Personal License will have access to the full text of such Licensed Electronic Products. Authorized Users may download, search, retrieve, display and view, copy and save to hard disk or diskette and store or print out single copies of individual articles or items for their own personal use, scholarly, educational or scientific research or internal business use. Authorized Users may also transmit such material to a third-party colleague in hard copy or electronically for personal use or scholarly, educational, or scientific research or professional use but in no case for re-sale, systematic redistribution or for any other use. In addition, Authorized Users have the right to use, with appropriate credit, figures, tables and brief excerpts from individual articles in the Electronic Product(s) in their own scientific, scholarly and educational works.
- All Authorized Users have the option to create a My Profile Page which will allow them to create links to Electronic Product (s), articles of interest and search criteria which may be reused by them and manage their custom e-mail alerting services. In order to do so, Authorized Users must register. During the registration process, Authorized Users will select and register a user name and password which they must keep confidential and not disclose to or share with anyone else.
- Except as provided above or in any applicable Open Access License(s), Authorized Users may not copy, distribute, transmit or otherwise reproduce, sell or resell material from Electronic Products (s); store such material in any form or medium in a retrieval system; download and/or store an entire issue of a Electronic Product or its equivalent; or transmit such material, directly or indirectly, for use in any paid service such as document delivery or list serve, or for use by any information brokerage or for systematic distribution, whether or not for commercial or non-profit use or for a fee or free of charge.
- Authorized Users agree not to remove, obscure or modify any copyright or proprietary notices, author attribution or any disclaimer as they appear on Key Opinions in Medicine. Authorized Users may not integrate material from the Electronic Product(s) with other material or otherwise create derivative works in any medium. However, brief quotations for purposes of comment, criticism or similar scholarly purposes are not prohibited herein.
- Authorized Users may not do anything to restrict or inhibit any other Authorized User's access to or use of Key Opinions in Medicine and the Electronic Product(s).
- If an Authorized User refuses or fails to abide by these Terms and Conditions or violates any other terms of this Agreement, Wiley reserves the right in its sole discretion to suspend or terminate their access to Key Opinions in Medicine and the Electronic Products immediately without notice, in addition to any other available remedies.
- Authorized Users shall not have the right to incorporate any material from the Licensed Electronic Products into any institutional or other repository under any circumstances without Wiley’s prior written approval.
Wiley is not responsible for any charges associated with accessing Key Opinions in Medicine and the Electronic Products, including, but not limited to, any computer equipment, telephone or Internet connections and access software.
Wiley may modify any of these terms and conditions at any time by providing notice on Key Opinions in Medicine. An Authorized User’s continued use of Key Opinions in Medicine shall be conclusively deemed acceptance of such modification.
Key Opinions in Medicine may provide links to third-party websites. Where such links exist, Wiley disclaims all responsibility and liability for the content of such third-party websites. Authorized Users assume the sole responsibility for the accessing of third-party websites and the use of any content appearing on such websites.
Privacy and Data Protection Policy
In addition Key Opinions in Medicine may offer additional services, including optional E-mail Alerting Services, which are opted into by registration and may be opted out of at any time. By choosing to take advantage of this and other services offered by Key Opinions in Medicine, Authorized Users consent to the use of their information for the purposes of providing these services.
Session Control Cookie: Session control cookies are used on most Web sites today because they facilitate navigation. In order to use Key Opinions in Medicine Authorized Users must have their browsers set to accept cookies.
Once an Authorized User is signed onto Key Opinions in Medicine, Wiley’s Web server uses a temporary cookie to help Wiley manage the visit to the service. This Session Control Cookie is deleted when the Authorized User clicks on the Logout button in Key Opinions in Medicine or when the Authorized User quits the browser. This cookie allows Wiley to quickly determine access control rights and personal preferences during the online session. The Session Control Cookie is set out of necessity and not out of convenience.
Remember Me Cookie: When an Authorized User registers to gain access to Key Opinions in Medicine or its personalization features, the Authorized User is asked to choose a user name and password. Every time the Authorized User logs into Key Opinions in Medicine, he/she will be asked to enter this unique user name and password. Authorized Users have the option of storing this information on their computers as a permanent cookie by selecting the 'Remember Me' option when logging in. This feature is optional and user controlled. The Remember Me cookie can be deleted at any time by clicking on the Logout button in Key Opinions in Medicine.
Authorized Users must be careful not to store their user name and password as a cookie on any computer that is not their own, since doing so would enable other users coming to that computer to access Key Opinions in Medicine under their name and to have access to their Key Opinions in Medicine My Profile page.
WILEY ONLINE LIBRARY AND THE ELECTRONIC PRODUCTS AND ALL MATERIALS CONTAINED THEREIN ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, WARRANTIES OF TITLE, OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE; THE USE OF THE ELECTRONIC PRODUCTS, WILEY ONLINE LIBRARY AND ALL MATERIALS IS AT THE AUTHORIZED USER'S OWN RISK; ACCESS TO WILEY ONLINE LIBRARY AND THE ELECTRONIC PRODUCTS MAY BE INTERRUPTED AND MAY NOT BE ERROR FREE; AND NEITHER WILEY NOR ANYONE ELSE INVOLVED IN CREATING, PRODUCING OR DELIVERING THE ELECTRONIC PRODUCTS OR THE MATERIALS CONTAINED IN WILEY ONLINE LIBRARY, SHALL BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE AUTHORIZED USER'S USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE WILEY ONLINE LIBRARY, THE ELECTRONIC PRODUCTS AND ALL MATERIALS CONTAINED THEREIN.